Abba’s Animals, our pet and animal rescue ministry, recognizes that animals are part of God’s wonderful creation which He has entrusted to our care and celebrates how they enrich our lives, connecting us with each other and with all of God’s creation. Through this ministry, we encourage people to love animals as God loves them and to reflect that love in our treatment of them.
- Collecting donations of pet food and supplies for shelters and animal rescue groups, including the Burlington County Animal Shelter, Animal Sanctuary Society, and The Cat’s Meow (rescue agency associated with the Delran PetSmart Adoption Center).
- Holding an annual Blessing of the Animals in late September or early October.
- Creating and maintaining a pet remembrance rock garden on the church grounds.
- Sending sympathy cards to members whose pets have died.
- Providing information about responsible pet care and compassionate treatment of homeless animals.
- Hosting adoptable animals at special church events, such as vacation Bible school and the Peach Festival.
- Making members aware of volunteer opportunities in animal rescue.
- Donate wish list items in pet shelter donations bin by the elevator in our Sunday school lobby.
- Provide landscape design and/or maintenance assistance with pet remembrance garden.
- Provide artistic assistance to members creating painted/decorated stones honoring deceased pets for pet remembrance garden.
- Serve as point person for sending pet bereavement cards.
- Foster homeless pets or pets of military members during their deployments (Dogs on Deployment).
- Assist with hosting Blessing of the Animals.
- Assist with hosting adoptable animals at other church events, e.g. Peach Festival.
- Volunteer with Animal Sanctuary Society or at the Delran PetSmart Adoption. You must be at least 18 years old, although teenagers with parent-signed release may assist volunteers willing to mentor them.
- Become a Friend of the Burlington County Animal Shelter (FOBCAS) to enrich the lives of resident stray or surrendered pets to increase their adoptability. Help by cuddling cats, walking dogs, pet grooming, fostering, online posting, photography and videography, or assisting at FOBCAS adoption or fundraising events. You must be at least 18 years old. Training is provided.
Donations Wish List:
- Dog and cat food (dry and canned)
- Peanut butter
- Dog and cat toys and treats, training treats
- Cat litter (non-clumping and clumping)
- Catnip spray
- Black Kongs and Nylabones
- Kitten formula and small bottles
- Men’s tube socks
- Slip lead-type dog leashes
- Plastic zipper-seal bags (sandwich and gallon size)
- Paper towels
- Cleaning supplies (sponges, brooms, dusters, etc.)
- Dryer sheets
- Fragrant or odor-eliminating products
- Blankets, towels, washcloths and pillow cases
Contact: Margie Morgan, email@example.com,
Meetings: No regular meetings have been scheduled.